Because Kids Against Hunger is a volunteer-driven effort, there are many ways to help. Of course, the easiest way is to make a tax-deductible monetary contribution. We have to purchase all supplies and ingredients from vendors, and could not exist without the fianancial support of individuals, corporations, schools, clubs, and people like you. Donate today by clicking HERE!
There are also many other ways to help. When you volunteer your time or resources, we save money that can then be used to purchase additional ingredients and supplies for our life-saving meals. Some of our needs are great, some are much smaller and easier to fulfill, but every single one of them needs to be fulfilled for us to continue our fight against world starvation.
- PACKAGE FOOD - it is a wonderful, fulfilling way to feel that you are making a real difference! You can see the progress with each bag you package and box up. From the very young to senior citizens, any group can be involved in this process. Because we are a fully donation supported non-profit organization, we urge all volunteers to help us cover the cost of the meals they package by bringing in a financial contribution. 91% of all donations in 2014 went straight to the supplies, ingredients, and shipping costs of our highly-nutritious food pakage.
- On average, each volunteer packages close to two boxes of food in a two-hour session. At 25 cents per meal, that equals $100 worth of ingredients. We want to give everyone the opportunity to package our meals, but the reality is that we must also cover the cost of the ingredients. We realize that the donation of your time is very valuable, and don’t want to turn anyone down for lack of funding, but we have found that it is possible for each volunteer to raise at least $40-$50 or more by asking their family, friends, and/or neighbors for support.
We would be happy to provide you with literature and other promotional materials to support you in your fundraising efforts.
- Become a VOLUNTEER PACKAGING LEADER! Every quarter we offer a training session for those who are interested in volunteering with us in this way, the training lasts @ 1.5 hrs. This commitment can look however you want! We have several volunteers that help monthly, while others are less frequent. All we ask is that if you do make the commitment you are able to lead a packaging event at least once a quarter or four times over the course of the year.
- Become a MONTHLY DONOR. We are currently in need of more monthly donors; by contributing in this way you are not only feeding many starving children and families, but you are giving others the opportunity to come participate in one of our packaging events. For example, by committing to a monthly donation of $50 you are feeding 216 people each month, which means you are feeding 2,592 people over the course of a year. Currently, only 9% of all donations go to overhead costs, which is extremely low compared to most non-profit organizations. However, our ambition is to have 95% or more of all donations go straight to the food, so that as many people facing great hardships as possible can get the help they need. See QUICK FAQS or WHO WE ARE to learn more about our satellite and why becoming a monthly donor will make a lasting, tangible difference in our world.
- Make a financial contribution by clicking on the "Donate" link above.
- You could take the big plunge and become a member of our growing network of partners and satellites.
There are countless ways to get involved and be a part of this massive campaign to end death by starvation. Can you think of another way to help? Let us know!
Thank you for your continued support of Kids Against Hunger - we can't do it without you!